Fall 2021 Research & Sponsored Programs Training
Grants & Contracts Training and Workshops (Download Flyer PDF)
Provided by the Research & Sponsored Programs office, these trainings provide an open forum for investigators and administrative staff with experience in award management. All trainings will be available as Zoom virtual sessions with recordings also available on the RSP website. Registration is required for all sessions. To register and obtain meeting information, please click on the individual session to load the Zoom registration page. For questions or other issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Budgeting – An accurate budget is critical to obtaining and successfully managing external funding. This session will provide an overview of the conceptual and technical components of good budgets.
- Monday, August 30, 1 – 2 pm | Zoom Virtual Session
- Cost Share – Cost-share, match, in-kind dollars, leveraged funds...what is it really, how should it be handled in a proposal, and how do I report it at UNI? This session will provide a detailed look at cost share and reporting cost share at UNI.
- Wednesday, September 15, 1 – 2 pm | Zoom Virtual Session
- Outgoing Subawards & Subcontracts – What’s the difference between the two? This session focuses on an overview of subawards and subcontracts – their elements and when to utilize a subaward versus a subcontract (pre-award) and once you’ve received the prime award (post-award) – roles & responsibilities, subaward invoice approval, subrecipient monitoring, and subaward amendments. The subject matter is geared towards researchers, project directors, and those newer to subawards; however, all are welcome.
- Wednesday, September 22, 1 – 2 pm | Zoom Virtual Session
- Postaward Project Management – You’ve been funded – now what? This session will cover all aspects of postaward project management, and the paperwork needed, from project start until project end.
- Wednesday, October 6, 1 – 2 pm | Zoom Virtual Session
- Cost Transfers – What are they, and what’s the big deal? This training forum will provide a detailed look at cost transfers including journal entries, labor distribution adjustments, and other issues.
- Monday, October 18, 1 – 2 pm | Zoom Virtual Session
- Final Accounting – Final accounting is the financial reconciliation of your sponsored project, which helps you take a "final look" at your project and all the expenses related to your project.
- Wednesday, November 3, 1 – 2 pm | Zoom Virtual Session
Fall 2021 IRB Training & Events
IRB Training Certification – The CITI Program
IRB Learning Tutorials/Discussion Sessions (Download Flyer PDF)
Fall 2021 Research & Ethics Events
Ethical Data Management & Presentation (Download Flyer PDF)
Social Responsibility in Research (Download Flyer PDF)
2021 Research Roundtable (Download Flyer PDF)