We have received many great ideas for follow-up events from the campus community. Information about planned events will be posted here as it becomes available.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning workshop – April 22, 2011 from 2-4 p.m.
- Dr. Robert Bringle to speak on University Rewards Systems – May 13, 2011 at 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Keynote
Following an inspiring Welcome Address from Assistant Provost Christine Twait, we were fortunate to have Dr. R. Eugene Rice here to participate in the day's activities and deliver a thought provoking Keynote Address about Academic Excellence. Dr. Rice is a Senior Scholar at the Association of American Colleges and Universities and holds an appointment in the Ph.D. Program in Leadership and Change for senior professionals and Antioch University.
- Letter from Christy Twait (PDF)
- Christy Twait’s Welcome Presentation
- About Keynote Speaker R. Eugene Rice (PDF)
- Dr. Rice’s Keynote Presentation
- Dr. Rice’s PowerPoint Presentation (PPT)
- Universitas Feature on Scholarship including text of Dr. Rice’s Keynote Speech (forthcoming)
Poster and Display Sessions
This year we had 47 posters and displays presented by faculty and staff from across campus.
During lunch we had a wonderful variety of featured presenters including a poetry reading by Jeremy Schraffenberger, a performance of Bulgarian dance by the International Dance Theatre led by Daniel Wells, and a showing of the film Rebirth by Francesca Soans.
The Breakout Sessions this year consisted of facilitated discussions of the following topics: Collaborative Scholarship, Professional Learning Communities, Defining and Redefining Academic Rigor, Faculty Workload and The Global Scholar. A recorder from each session took summary notes, which can be found below.
- Collaborative Scholarship (DOC)
- Academic Rigor (DOC)
- Faculty Workload (DOC)
- The Global Scholar (DOC)
- Professional Learning Communities (DOC)
- PowerPoint from Professional Learning Communities Session (PPT)
Faculty Panel and Closing Remarks
At the conclusion of the day a panel of faculty members, facilitated by Dr. Rice, discussed the day and their perspectives on academic scholarship and university engagement.
- Scholars in Action Panel Bios (PDF)
- Video of Faculty Panel
Questions, comments or idea? Contact Anita Gordon.