It is important to use only the most current forms. We suggest you bookmark this page and download the forms each time you need them.
- Standard Application for Human Participants Review - new pdf fillable form
Try out our new pdf IRB form and let us know what you think! We are interested in feedback on the format as well as the content. Please note you MUST complete the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader directly (or Adobe Professional/Adobe DC) in order to save your information. If you complete the form while it is open in a browser (which some computers automatically do), apparently the data won't save. So, just click on the link to open or save it, then download it to your computer, open Adobe Reader 11 or DC, and then open the downloaded form. Here are a few basic tips for working with the more recent fillable pdfs, or you can visit Adobe's Help site for complete information. If you have any problems, you can still submit using the prior version of the Standard form below, which is in Word. If you are planning an Existing Data study, please continue to use the form below until we have a new pdf version of that as well.
Renewal or Project Closure
Consent Checklist and Templates
- Consent Checklist - consult this to ensure all required elements are included in your consent document
- Sample Consent Form-Adults
- Sample Permission Form-Parents
- Sample Assent Forms-Children and Teens
- Sample Consent Cover Letter (use only when separate consent documentation is waived by the IRB)
Letters of Cooperation (may be sent as emails)
- UNI Problem Reporting Form (use when reporting unanticipated problems and events)