UNI IRB Forms
(Forms are updated periodically. We suggest you bookmark this page and download forms each time you need them.)
Resuming Face-to-Face (F2F) Research
Although all researchers are asked to continue remote/virtual data collection, starting Monday, August 3, 2020, F2F is permissible with IRB approval. As resuming F2F data collection or changing to remote/virtual data collection would be considered a study modification, this request must be sent to Todd Evans, UNI IRB Chair at email@example.com for review and approval before being implemented.
Resuming F2F Research Flow Chart (PDF) - Consult this flowchart to determine your next steps if your protocol was approved prior to March, 13, 2020 and you would like to resume F2F data collection.
IRB F2F Resuming Research Addendum (PDF) - This form is only for restarting F2F research that was approved prior to March 13, 2020.
COVID-19 Sample Consent Form-Adults or Parents (DOC) - A template document for writing a consent form for adult participants or parents that includes language related to COVID-19 considerations.
The Standard Application form is a fillable PDF document. In order to save entered information, this form must be opened in Adobe. If opened in a browser (a default on some computers) and completed within the browser interface, data will not be saved. Please be sure to download the form to your computer first or otherwise ensure you are using Adobe Acrobat Professional or Adobe Acrobat Reader or DC to open it (which should be available on most campus computers). If possible, it is recommended that Adobe is selected as the default program to open PDF files, rather than an internet browser. Here are a few basic tips (DOC) for working with the more recent fillable PDFs, or you can visit Adobe's Help site for complete information.
- Standard Application for Human Participants Review (PDF)
- IRB F2F New Research Addendum (PDF) - This addendum form is only required for new applications that include Face-to-Face (F2F) interaction with participants.
If you are planning an Existing Data study, please continue to use the form below. However, disregard the instructions to mail in a paper copy. All IRB processes are now electronic.
The PreK-12 Classroom form is for action research projects being undertaken by UNI graduate students in their own schools. Guidance on when to use the form are provided in the instructions on the form. This form is also a PDF, so be sure to download and open it in Adobe only.
Oral history projects no longer require a full review. This form is required to document that your study is actually an oral history project, and if so, you will be authorized to proceed without IRB review. If you are conducting a standard research project that involves qualitative interviewing, use the Standard application form above.
Renewal or Project Closure
Checklists and Templates
- Recruitment Checklist (PDF) - consult this to ensure all required elements are included in your study invitations
- Consent Checklist (PDF) - consult this to ensure all required elements are included in your consent document
- Sample Brief Consent Text (PDF)
- Sample Consent Form-Adults or Parents (DOC)
- COVID-19 Sample Consent Form-Adults or Parents (DOC)
- Sample Assent Forms-Children 6-10 (DOC)
- Sample Assent Form-Teens 11-17 (DOC)
- Sample Consent Form - Exercise Studies (PDF)
- Emergency Action Plan Guidelines - Exercise Studies (PDF)
Letters of Cooperation (may be sent as emails)
- UNI Problem Reporting Form (PDF) (use when reporting unanticipated problems and events)